2010/01/25

2010 IEEE SCV-EDS/Applied Materials Technical Symposium - Sold Out

Unfortunately, I've been a bit lax in keeping up with my IEEE event announcements, so I didn't notice this symposium until a colleague brought it to my attention.  When I tried to register, I discovered, to my dismay, that the meeting was already "full."  Sadness…  It looks like it will be extremely interesting:

The demand for higher densities, smaller form factors, and greater functionality, and the quest for developing post-CMOS technologies is spurring ongoing research in a wide variety of wafer-scale integration techniques. This program brings together experts from academia and the semiconductor industry to examine the state of research into 3D interconnect, unit-process development and integration, and production qualification.
The list of speakers is particularly impressive:
  • Matt Nowak, Qualcomm.  Taming Cost and Design Challenges for High Density Through Silicon Stacking (TSS).
  • Xiaopeng Xu, Synopsys.  Modeling Thermo-Mechanical Stress Impact on Performance and Reliability of 3D Integration Structures.
  • Sesh_Ramaswami, Applied Materials.  Journey Toward Process Convergence in TSV Technology
  • Zvi Or-Bach, NuPGA.  3D FPGA - The Path to ASIC Density, Power, and Performance.
  • Deepak C. Sekar, SanDisk.  A 3D-IC Technology with Integrated Microfluidic Cooling.
  • Arif Rahman, Xilinx, Inc.  Technology Requirements and Standardization for 3-D SiP.
  • Tom Ritzdorf, Semitool.  Advances in Copper Fill for 3D Interconnect Applications.
  • William Chen, ASE Group.  3D and More: A Renaissance in the Making.
  • Raj Pendse, STATS ChipPAC  3D Integration: The Evolution of Device Architecture, Packaging, and Manufacturing Infrastructure
  • C. Raman Kothandaraman, IBM  Through Silicon Via (TSV) for 3D integration
My point in highlighting a sold out meeting is to suggest that this topic is intensely interesting to a broad range of academic and industry professionals. Clearly, the excitement around progress in this area is building (hype notwithstanding).

I just wish that I'd been able to participate.  I'll certainly be there in the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment